Applications for the Comcast RISE Investment Fund ($10,000 Grants) will be accepted October 1-14, 2021.
In June 2020, Comcast NBCUniversal announced the development of a comprehensive, multi-year plan to allocate $75 million in cash and $25 million in media over the next three years to fight injustice and inequality against any race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or ability.
Qualifying businesses may apply for the Comcast RISE Investment Fund.
- 600 grants totaling $6 million will be distributed as follows:
- 100 small businesses in each city
- Each business will receive a $10,000 monetary grant
- Application period is October 1-14, 2021.
- Grants will be announced at the end of November 2021 and awarded in December 2021.
- Established business operations for 3 or more years.
- 25 or less full-time and part-time employees
- At least 51% owned and operated by person of color
- Houston, TX (Harris and Fort Bend Counties);
- Miami, FL (Miami-Dade and Broward Counties);
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington Counties);
- Oakland, CA (City of Oakland);
- Seattle, WA (King and Pierce Counties);
- Washington, D.C. (Wards 1-8)
Application will be available starting October 1, 2021
Source: Comcast Rise